Our Catholic weddings take place in Positano. Positano is located in one of the most beautiful valleys of the Amalfi Coast, and the valley opens up to an equally magnificent stretch of coastline: a romantic and enchanting location for celebrating your Italian wedding.
At the centre of the town you can see the brightly coloured ‘maiolica’ dome of Santa Maria Assunta, the main church of Positano. This beautiful church is also a very important part of daily life, for many local inhabitants of Positano. Inside, the church features a collection of intriguing works of art from the XIII, and XVI century. With it’s rich interior, and breathtaking position, the church of Santa Maria would be a dazzling backdrop for your Amalfi Coast Catholic wedding.
• Specific religious paperwork is required in order to have a Catholic wedding in Italy. We provide assistance for all formalities.
• All paperwork must be translated in Italian.
• A Catholic wedding ceremony in Italy is conducted by an English speaking priest or in Italian, with an interpreter.
• It is possible to have a legally binding Catholic ceremony, in which case civil paperwork must be completed as well.
• A few Catholic churches will only perform a religious blessing; in which case you must be civilly married prior to coming to Italy.
• A Catholic marriage in Italy is not possible if one of you was previously married in a Catholic rite and is now divorced without a formal annulment by the Catholic church.
• A mixed religion marriage is subject to the approval of your own Bishop who must grant permission in writing.
• Religious (Pre Cana) paperwork must be presented no later than 2 months prior to the wedding date.
• The paperwork should not be completed 6 months before the wedding date or it will expire.
• The Italian Diocese must receive the paperwork 2 months prior to the wedding.
• A donation is required for the church.
• Attire: no bare shoulders for the bride.
• Music: sacred music only is possible.
Seems daunting eh?.. Don’t worry our expertise will make it all seem like a walk in the park!